Do you like pork? Corn whiskey? Wrasslin with horses and small bears? XBox? Cheese sammiches and brown dope? If so, I'm yer Captain Posey Pants.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Grrrauuughhhhaaaaahlghrghuuuuh...

So, here I wait.

Waiting for a call. Waiting for an email. Waiting for a letter or fax or telegram or bat-signal or laser light show depiction. Tell me yes or no. Last Tuesday you asked me for a little more personal information, said you needed to run a background check. Does it take a week to run a background check? I guess I just sorta thought that the background check was the final dotted "i" and crossed "t" and that soon you would be making your offer. So, where are ya dude? I'm sitting here, can't stand it, check my home email about 420 times a day, check the home answering machine about 210 times a day. I've lived in the United States all my life. Never been in trouble with the law. Never been employed by any super-secret pseudo-governmental black-ops assassination agency which resulted in the destruction of all my personal records. It can't take that long. I'm sure you're done with it. Call me, email me, let me know. I don't want to think about it anymore.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I posted to the blog too soon...I shoulda commented to this post, not the "Cautiously Optimistic" post. But what I said bears repeating: just because you haven't heard from the VPs doesn't mean they don't want you. You said that you wanted to be in Greenville...maybe they realize that something may be opening there, and the wait is a little longer. Maybe they're on vacation. Maybe they're dealing with some really heavy stuff (they DID mention that some of their areas are going through some messy times) that needs their attention. Maybe the person who does the background checks was on vacation, or maybe the computers were down. I know they kept saying "a couple of days" but sometimes that's not how big companies run.... I do think that they WILL tell you either way, and until you hear "no" then you can't automatically think that you don't have a job. I don't think I'm being too Pollyanna about it...I'm trying to be realistic, but there's no sense in throwing in the towel, either.

You are a good man--you're smart, funny, learn quickly. Of COURSE they'd want to hire you, it just may be taking a little longer than they expected & you hoped. Just hang on, be optimistic, and try not to obsess about it so much.
(And yes, I realize who I'm telling this to...)

5:06 PM, May 17, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mama Possum says,

You can ask your father just how badly IDG does in the communications dept. Who knows what is going on with them, and when you consider how many pretty important people have to sign off on any hire, and how many of them have children graduating from school, maybe have gone on vacation, or like Chauntelle said, are just not there for some reason. It's like trying to get a committee to agree on which day would be good for the next meeting...it's impossible to get together sometimes. Please don't stress overly much. I know, given your genetic make up (sorry!!!!) that's nigh impossible, but please try. You are an amazing, talented person, and just like Chauntelle says, if they have a place for you, why wouldn't they hire you!!!!!

5:55 PM, May 17, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, I'm really diggin' the links for these fancy headings you've got. People need to start clickin' on 'em! Patrick is just one talented mo-fo.

10:50 AM, May 18, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes he is pretty talented though I don't like to think of him as a mo-fo thats just a disturbing image! Background checks do take time believe me I used to run them at my old job! You will hear back soon!

1:10 AM, May 19, 2005

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet Mother of Cool says...
Background checks usually take about a week to ten days, if done by a reputable company. We use Vericorp and it does take a while.

1:00 PM, May 19, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home