Do you like pork? Corn whiskey? Wrasslin with horses and small bears? XBox? Cheese sammiches and brown dope? If so, I'm yer Captain Posey Pants.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Just to clarify...

To be clear: I like working for IDG. I don't think I've been treated unfairly by the company. Certainly, the company has never asked anything of me that it wouldn't gladly ask of any other IDG employee. I know a multiple-year veteran of IDG who has just spent 2 months in Cheraw, SC. Site managers routinely have to make trips out of state to assist at new or struggling sites. Nobody is getting the shaft, because this is the business. This is the job.

When I create posts describing an experience with IDG, I am not complaining. I am not upset or angry with the company, and I don't feel misused or misled. I DO think that some of what has happened during my employment with IDG has been funny, and I like to relate some of those experiences on this here blog. But, and this is very important, I am happy to work for IDG.

Don't worry about me. I am good. Everything is great. Occasionally, I am slightly inconvenienced. But nothing ever worse than that.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chauntelle said...

And we're happy, and healthy, and enjoying Greenville, and this is just another stepping stone in the road of life.

And we love everybody in the whole world.

4:18 PM, October 10, 2005

 
Blogger RachieK said...

You smell like poo

1:20 PM, October 13, 2005

 
Blogger Chauntelle said...

That's because I never learned to use toilet paper properly. I always com out of the bathroom with tp in my hair or up my nose, but apparently not enough in the truly appropriate places...

5:46 PM, October 13, 2005

 
Blogger MiMi & Papa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:53 PM, October 13, 2005

 
Blogger MiMi & Papa said...

I will add a couple of thoughts here but not on the TP issue. I think you've just about covered that.

Looking back on my nearly 40 years in the workforce, I realize that IDG is neither the best company I've worked for nor is it the worst. Every company has its strengths and weaknesses and IDG is no different. I do get very frustrated with the loss of focus sometimes. IDG is basically a sales organization but there are many people within the company whose jobs seem to be at odds with that effort. Every time I get an e-mail from someone in A/R telling me one of our best customers is on NO SALES ALLOWED I want to punch something. Still, we somehow muddle through and continue to have moderate success in spite of ourselves.

8:56 PM, October 13, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home